Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Featured Seller : psarokokalo

by Stemellina

Interview


- Tell us a bit about yourself(name,location,affiliation)
i am what i do, and i am called maria.


- What inspires you?Where do your ideas come from?
my daughter growing up inspires me , the memories of my grandparents, my childhood, peoples trash, native tribes, a sunny beach, a night drive with my car.


- Why should buy handmade?

handmade staff are beautiful with a personality and ecofriendly usually


- Apart from creating things what do you do?

have fun with my family and friends!



- Do you have a studio or a special place in your house you work your creations?
Tell us about this place.
i have a room in my house where i work and all my staff are. it is a very sunny room and i am happy about that. when i have lot's of work or am in creative mood i spread my 'special place' in all the house and with a little help from my daughter all the house becomes a messy studio.


- What are your favorites materials?
wool, old sheets, scraps of fabric, plastics from the beach, wood.


- How do you promote your work?
i am not good with promoting , i am bored of endless hours in the net, i wait for lovely people like you to write about me :-) .
flickr is a net place that i find exiting, i meet great artists there view their work, get inspired ... and hope that someone will see my work and shop in extension.
in real life to promote myself i take part in trade shows , exhibitions , fairs, bazaars, and be good with my mothers girlfriends :-)


_ Do you have to tell us about a special storage place for your materials.
How it helps you?
i collect tin boxed and use them as a storage, all kind of sizes and colors of tin boxes from cigars, biscuits ....

- Do you have someone who helps you in some way with your etsy shop?
What exactly is doing?
nope no one helps



- Which is your favorite tool?
my eye pincushion.


- Your favorite websites,etsy shops,movies,books,music.
i rarely look at websites nowadays internet has become a blog , myspace, facebook ,flickr .......thing. i do not know if that's good or bad.



some of my favorite etsy shops are :
kmasback.etsy.com
loulouandoscar.etsy.com
thelindentree.etsy.com
takeoffyourclothes.etsy.com
SCRAPdannymansmith.etsy.com

movies and music i can't start writing ...it will be a long boring list... but i can see all the john Cusack movies ( yes i do have a crush on him) :-)


- In 10 years I'd like to be..............living in a Greek island with a few inhabitants and distribute my work from there!

8 comments:

  1. Γεια σου Μαρία!!!
    Ειναι ωραιο να γνωριζομαστε καλυτερα, οταν μαλιστα εχεις να μας πεις και τοσο ενδιαφεροντα πραγματα!
    Σου ευχομαι το καλύτερο!

    ReplyDelete
  2. poly wraia synentefksi bravo maria twra seematha kalytera :) wraio dvmatio gia ta craft sou exeis

    i love it :)
    i twiiting this interview:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Τέλεια συνεντευξη. Χαρηκα για την γνωριμια! Ονειρεμενο craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Maria! Thank you for the mention, so sweet. Great interview and, a little secret, I have a crush on John Cusack too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely words ♡

Pin It button on image hover